What are the documents required to apply?
- Title Deed of the immovable document or village/neighborhood, Island, parcel, building, independent department information
- Identity certificate/passport (with translation as required)
- “Immovable Valuation Report” published on BDDK’s web page and received from valuation agencies (https://www.bddk.org.tr/Kuruluslar-Kategori/Bankalara-Degerleme-Hizmeti-Vermeye-Yetkili-Kuruluslar/11)
- For buildings (residential, workplace… etc.) Mandatory earthquake insurance policy
- 1 photo of the buyer and 2 photos of the seller (taken in the last 6 months, 6×4 size)
- The “Real estate maket value certificate”, which was taken from the municipality
- Tax number
- Bank-approved remittance notes (can be issued before or after sales)
- Sworn translator for non-Turkish speaking party (authorized by the District Judicial Judicial Commission)
- If there is a representative, the document for the representation (In case of transactions with the proxy held abroad, must comply with the conditions in the circular 2015/5 (1767).)
How to determine the immovable sales value for citizenship in the deed?
Sales price on the authenticated contract and the market value determined by the valuation report (each individually) should be higher than the price sought in the regulation. The central bank, which belongs to the sales day or last published, is processed on the basis of the effective sale rate.
Where is the valuation report received and what is the validity period?
The valuation report will be taken from the valuation companies published on the web page (https://www.bddk.org.tr/Kuruluslar-Kategori/Bankalara-Degerleme-Hizmeti-Vermeye-Yetkili-Kuruluslar/11/) of the BDDK. The valuation report presented during the acquisition application must be dated up to three months prior to the date of application. This valuation report will be considered valid until the transaction is completed.
How to transfer the sales price of the immovable?
It is possible to carry out the transfer of the sales fee as Turkish currency or exchange money through the banks of the foreign country or our country. The price must be confirmed by the bank, which is deducted from the buyer account and deposited in the seller’s account.
What should be done to receive a "Certificate of conformity"?
- To obtain exceptional citizenship by purchasing immovable; buyer should commit not to sale the immovable for 3 years. The transaction documents are sent by the Tapu Directorate to the General Directorate of Land and Cadastre/Foreign Affairs Department. (This is the application after 15.10.2018 date and the Circular No. 2018/12 (1791). In purchases before this date, the processes were conducted with the follow-up.)
- The Department of Foreign Affairs regulates “Certificate of conformity”.
- Afterwards, it is sent to the General Directorate of Immigration Administration and the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship affairs. Sent to the applicant for information via e-mail.
- After obtaining the “Certificate of Conformity”, the Provincial Directorate of Immigration Administration is applied for the residence permit. For citizenship application, the application should be made at the Provincial Directorate of Population and Citizenship Works.
- Certificate of conformity in the province of Istanbul, by the end of February 2019, will be organized by the Istanbul Tapu and Cadastre 2. Regional Directorate.
Is it possible to apply for the acquisition of Turkish citizenship in an exceptional way for the previously acquired immovable?
For immovable goods purchased between 12.01.2017 and 18.09.2018, the value of the asset should be at least $1 million. The sales value of the immovable purchases on and after 19.09.2018 must be at least $250,000. The immovables taken before the 12.01.2017 date are excluded.
Is it possible to apply for the acquisition of Turkish citizenship in an exceptional way with the immovable shares taken as a stake?
For immovable goods purchased between 12.01.2017 and 18.09.2018, the share value should be at least $1 million. The share value of the immovable purchases on and after 19.09.2018 must be at least $250,000.
For Turkish citizenship, could there be more than one immovable to buy?
There is no need to have a single immovable. Sum of the cost of multiple immovable for immovable goods purchased between 12.01.2017 and 18.09.2018, the value of the asset should be at least $1 million. The sales value of the immovable purchases on and after 19.09.2018 must be at least $250,000.
Should all immovable elements be taken at the same time?
No. You can apply for immovable invariants at different times. Therefore, for immovable goods purchased between 12.01.2017 and 18.09.2018, the value of the asset should be at least $1 million. The sales value of the immovable purchases on and after 19.09.2018 must be at least $250,000.
What should be the nature of the immovable?
The quality of the immovable is irrelevant in the process of making a commitment through purchase. (Can be housing, workplace, land, field, garden, etc.) In the process of placing commitments through a notary approved sales promise; condominium or floor altitude must be an established immovable nature.
How should the revised valuation report be edited for previously deed-acquired immovable?
If the acquisition process completed (deed taken) for immovable which is not going to be sold the immovable for 3 years, there should be the immovable valuation report showing the value of the immovable/immovable sales/acquisition date.
Can foreigners with a foreign-owned company or partner, apply for citizenship with the company's immovable property?
They cannot apply, because the right to acquire citizenship in an exceptional way through the immovable purchase path is valid for the immovable of real persons.
Does it matter from whom the immovable is purchased on the citizenship application?
The immovable must not be registered on behalf of any foreign real person, including the person’s wife and children. Immovable property must not be transferred by the foreign person, spouse, children or any foreign person after the date of 12.01.2017. In addition, the immovable must not be registered in the name of the company, which is the partner or manager of the foreign real person who will purchase.
Is it possible to sell the immovable before the pledge expires?
Although it is possible, the issue is reported to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship affairs. Citizenship-related status is reassessed.
Is it possible to apply for citizenship if the purchased immovable is mortgaged?
Yes. However, in determining the value of the immovable, the remaining part is taken into consideration after the mortgage price is deducted. (The remaining part must satisfy the lookupvalue.) However, in foreclosed sales, the amount of mortgages will not be taken into consideration if the mortgage is discharged within 5 working days of the following sales process.
Is it possible to apply for citizenship if the immovable is taken with a housing loan?
After deducting the credit amount taken from the bank, the remaining portion must meet the lookupvalue.
Is it possible to make immovable purchase applications with the purpose of obtaining Turkish citizenship in an exceptional way by using the power of attorney?
It is possible if this is clearly written in the attorney’s name.
Is there a barrier to the acquisition of the company's immovable property?
The immovable must not be one of the immovables, which is registered on behalf of the company to which the foreign real person is the partner or manager.
Is it possible to apply for Turkish citizenship with the contract of sale?
07.12.2018 date and after; at least 250,000 USD or equivalent amount must be paid in advance in the company’s condominium or floor altitude. The commitment of the contract issued in the notary that the sale of the immovable is promised, that it will not be transferred or left for three years, should be registered on the deed.
Is sell by installments possible?
For immovable purchased by installment and the sales process has made after 19.09.2018 date, each installment fee must be after this date. In installments, the effective sale rate of the central Bank of the Republic of Turkey will be taken into consideration. Installment payments prior to 19.09.2018 will not be taken into consideration.